Easy Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 bone in turkey breast half
- olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
A bone in turkey breast half will yield about 2 lbs of low fat high protein meat for about the price of a pound of turkey breast sliced at the deli counter. This is a super simple recipe.
- Rub the turkey breast all over with salt and pepper, then drizzle olive over and rub in. Let the turkey breast sit in a cool place for about 1 hour before roasting.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan and roast in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the internal temperature on a meat thermometer reaches 140 degrees.
- Once the turkey breast reaches 140 degrees remove from the oven and let rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Makes about 2 lbs of sliced turkey.