Greek Eggplant Dip
|1 large eggplant|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 small yellow onion, minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs oregano, crumbled|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
- Place whole unpeeled eggplant in a baking pan and roast in a preheated 450 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Cut stem end off eggplant and peel off skin.
- Place the eggplant pulp in a bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Add olive oil gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley, Mix well.
- Serve at room temperature along with crackers and or crusty bread.