Greek Eggplant Dip
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs oregano, crumbled
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Place whole unpeeled eggplant in a baking pan and roast in a preheated 450 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Cut stem end off eggplant and peel off skin.
- Place the eggplant pulp in a bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Add olive oil gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley, Mix well.
- Serve at room temperature along with crackers and or crusty bread.