- 8 large potatoes
- 1 large onion, grated
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup flour or potato starch
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 cup melted rendered chicken fat
- Peel the potatoes and soak for 2 hours in enough water to cover. Drain and dry well.
- Grate potatoes, then using a clean kitchen towel, squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Add the potatoes, grated onion, eggs to a bowl.
- Then mix in flour, salt, pepper and chicken fat. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 13×9 baking dish and bake uncovered in a preheated 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until the top is browned and crisp.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.