|8 large potatoes|
|1 large onion, grated|
|3 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/4 cup flour or potato starch|
|2 tbs kosher salt|
|dash of black pepper|
|1/2 cup melted rendered chicken fat|
- Peel the potatoes and soak for 2 hours in enough water to cover. Drain and dry well.
- Grate potatoes, then using a clean kitchen towel, squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Add the potatoes, grated onion, eggs to a bowl.
- Then mix in flour, salt, pepper and chicken fat. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 13×9 baking dish and bake uncovered in a preheated 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until the top is browned and crisp.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.