Oysters Stuffed with Crab Imperial
- 16 select oysters on the half shell
- Crab Imperial Mixture:
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup green pepper, minced
- 1 tbs chopped, pimiento
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- To make the crab imperial, remove all cartilage from crabmeat.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolk slightly and add the green pepper, pimento and mix well.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise and mix well to combine.
- Add the crab meat and gently combine, taking care not to break up all the lumps.
- To assemble the oysters, open and separate each one from it’s shell and one at a time take oysters and cut into 4 pieces and put back in the deep portion of the shell.
- Top each oyster with about 1/2 tbs of the crab mixture.
- Place oysters on a baking pan and cook for about 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven or until golden brown.