Oysters Stuffed with Crab Imperial
|16 select oysters on the half shell|
|Crab Imperial Mixture:|
|1 lb lump crabmeat|
|1 egg yolk|
|1/2 cup green pepper, minced|
|1 tbs chopped, pimiento|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp dry mustard|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp white pepper|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
- To make the crab imperial, remove all cartilage from crabmeat.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolk slightly and add the green pepper, pimento and mix well.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise and mix well to combine.
- Add the crab meat and gently combine, taking care not to break up all the lumps.
- To assemble the oysters, open and separate each one from it’s shell and one at a time take oysters and cut into 4 pieces and put back in the deep portion of the shell.
- Top each oyster with about 1/2 tbs of the crab mixture.
- Place oysters on a baking pan and cook for about 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven or until golden brown.