- 1 (12 inch) fresh or frozen pizza dough (fresh is better)
- 1 lb of thinly sliced lean corn beef
- 1 cup of thousand dressing
- 1/2 lb of sauerkraut
- 1 and 1/2 tbs of caraway seeds
- 1/2 lb Swiss cheese, about 8-10 thin slices
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese
- Fresh dill pickles sliced horizontally,, 8 slices
This is delicious pizza the replicates the taste of a Reuben sandwich. It contains corn beef thousand island dressing, swiss, mozzarella and sauerkraut.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile to assemble the pizza, spread the dough evenly with thousand Island dressing.
- Top the dressing with the slices of Swiss cheese, then spread the corn beef over the pizza.
- Add an even layer of sauerkraut, Sprinkle with caraway seeds then top evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
- Pizza can be cooked on a baking sheet or on a pizza stone. The pizza stone is far superior as it will give you a much crispier crust.
- When you remove pizza from the oven top each slice with a sliced dill pickle slice.