Sicilian Grilled Chicken
|1/4 cup almonds|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and ground pepper|
|1/2 cup packed basil leaves|
|1 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1/4 cup Fresh Parmesan cheese|
|2 tbs tomato paste|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
- In a food processor blender, combine and chop the almonds, garlic, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes, cheese and tomato paste, a little water, oil and process until finely chopped.
- Heat a barbecue grill or grill pan.
- Brush with oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place on the grill.
- Cook 4 minutes, turning once or until cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and spoon the sauce over.