Warm Mushroom Salad
- a selection of mixed salad leaves
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2 lbs of mixed wild mushrooms
- 7 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 tbs tarragon vinegar
This recipe works best using a variety of wild mushrooms.
- Arrange the salad and spinach on 6-8 individual plates.
- Cut the bacon into thin strips, then cut the mushrooms into thick slices.
- In a frying pan fry the bacon until almost crispy. Drain some of the bacon grease.
- Add the oil and mushrooms and cook over high heat until the mushrooms are just tender. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, then season with a little salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the mushrooms from the pan and scatter over the salad leaves, along with the crispy bacon.
- Quickly add the tarragon to the juices remaining in the pan and boil rapidly for about 2 minutes.
- Re- Season with salt and pepper and pour the warm dressing over the salad.