Yucca with Mojo Sauce
- 2 lbs yucca root, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Juice and rind of 1 large lime, about 1/2 cup
- 5-7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Add yucca to a saucepan along with 1 tsp kosher salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove any strings from the yucca.
- Meanwhile, in a non metal bowl add the lime juice, lime zest, pineapple juice, garlic, onion, black pepper and olive oil. Mix well to combine.
- Add yucca to a bowl and pour the olive oil mixture over.