Ziti in Basil and Ricotta Sauce
|1 lb ziti pasta|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1 cup fresh ricotta cheese|
|4 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup basil, chopped|
|black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the salt and pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile rub the inside of a bowl with garlic, then add the ricotta, olive oil and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and reserve some of the pasta cooking water, then return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the basil-ricotta sauce along with some of pasta cooking water and mix well to combine.
- To serve, divide the pasta evenly among individual plates or serving bowls and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.