Ziti in Basil and Ricotta Sauce
- kosher salt
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the salt and pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile rub the inside of a bowl with garlic, then add the ricotta, olive oil and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and reserve some of the pasta cooking water, then return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the basil-ricotta sauce along with some of pasta cooking water and mix well to combine.
- To serve, divide the pasta evenly among individual plates or serving bowls and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.