Creamy Sausage Gravy
|1 and 1/2 lbs of breakfast sausage|
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup ap flour|
|6 cups milk|
|kosher and black pepper to taste|
- Add sausage to a skillet and cook using medium heat, while breaking up with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan add the butter and melt using medium heat.
- As soon as butter melts add the flour and whisk until the flour is well combined with the butter, whisking constantly. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sausage and continue to whisk.
- While whisking slowly pour in the milk, about a cup at a time. Allow milk to combine before adding the next few cups.
- When all milk is added continue to whisk until you have a smooth creamy consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.