Cuban Deep Fried Eggs
|Vegetable oil for deep frying|
- Pour the oil to a depth of about 1 and 1/2 inches into a heavy frying pan large enough to hold 3 eggs at a time.
- Heat the oil to 175 degrees.
- Be careful not to overheat the oil as this will make the whites puff and brown. They should remain smooth, almost like an egg poached in water.
- Break the eggs into saucers and slide into the frying pan.
- Gently lift the whites over the yolk with a tablespoon.
- Deep fry the eggs for 2 or 3 minutes.
- The yolks should be soft.
- Lift out with a slotted spatula and drain on paper towels.