Jamaican Coco Bread
|2 packets yeast|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/4 cup warm water|
|1 cup warm milk|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 cup melted butter|
- Mix the yeast, sugar and water together.
- Beat the egg and stir into the mixture, then stir in the milk and salt.
- Stir in 2 cups of the flour.
- Slowly add more flour stop when the mixture becomes stiff. Knead the dough until it is smooth, this should take about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a clean bowl and add some of the melted butter.
- Roll the dough around the bowl until it is completely coated in butter.
- Cover with a damp towel for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces and roll each piece into a circle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter then fold in half.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place folded pieces on a well greased baking sheet and place on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake until golden. About 15 minutes.