- 4 large soft shell crabs, cleaned
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup corn flour
- 12 strips of bacon
- 4 thick slices of tomato
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 ciabatta rolls, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- canola oil for deep frying
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a wonderful BLT sandwich with the addition of a crispy fried soft shell crab.Directions:
- Fry the bacon until almost crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile fill a large saucepan or deep fryer 1/3 full of oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Add the soft shell crabs to the evaporated milk, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in the corn flour. Shake off excess.
- Fry the crabs in the hot oil until golden and crispy. About 5 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwiches, split the ciabatta rolls and lightly toast, then spread each side with mayonnaise.
- Add a slice of pepper jack to each bottom roll, then 4 strips of bacon, a thick slice of tomato, then a soft shell crab.
- Top each sandwich with shredded lettuce, season with salt and pepper and add the top roll.