- 1 and 1/2 lbs cod fillets
- 1 hot red chili pepper
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- juice of 6 limes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 lb Cucumber
- 2 small avocados
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions
- Cut theh addok fillets diagonally into 1/2 inch thick strips and place into a non metal bowl.
- Seed and chop the chili.
- Crush the coriander seeds and black peppercorns to a fine powder using a spice mill or a mortar and pestle.
- Strain to remove the seed husks, then mix with the lime juice, salt and chili.
- Pour mixture over the cod.
- Cover and let marinate for about 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and add to the mixture.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then slice thickly and add the the mixture, combining well.
- Slice the scallions thinly and add the mixture along with the chopped cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Serve cold.