Moroccan Tomato Soup with Chickpeas
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 tbs ginger
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 and 1/2 cups canned chickpeas
- parsley for garnish
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and cook the garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes using medium heat.
- Add the cumin, coriander and cinnamon and cook for another minute
- Add the chopped tomatoes along with 2 cups of stock and the chickpeas and simmer until the tomatoes soften. About 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley.