Pan Fried Liver with Tomatoes and Onions
|1 lb calves liver, sliced|
|2 tbs marsala wine|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 lb ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded|
|2 onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|pinch of ground ginger|
|2/3 cup beef stock|
|Fresh parsley for garnish|
- Cut the liver into thin strips.
- Place in a shallow bowl along with the marsala.
- Season with salt and pepper cover, refrigerate and and allow to marinate for several hours.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut into quarters and remove the seeds, reserving the juice.
- Slice the flesh into thin strips and set aside.
- Finely slice the onions.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the onions and ginger and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the liver to the pan and saute for about 1 minute, turning halfway through cooking.
- Add the tomatoes and onions to the pan, along with the reserved tomato juice. Cook for another minute.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh parsley
- Serve with rice or noodles.