Roquefort and Watercress Soup
|8 large garlic cloves|
|2 onions, chopped|
|6 oz boiling potatoes, peeled and diced|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|5 cups vegetable stock|
|2 bunches watercress|
|6 oz roquefort cheese, crumbled|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup light whipping cream|
|extra roquefort, crumbled for garnished|
- Put the unpeeled garlic cloves in a roasting pan and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until softened.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the onions and cook until beginning to soften. About 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stock, cover and simmer until the potatoes are soft. About 20 minutes.
- Remove the stems from the watercress, then stir in to the soup.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Peel the garlic and add t the soup.
- Let the soup cool slightly, then add to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth, then return to the pan.
- Reheat the soup gently, then stir in the Roquefort. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold, drizzled with a little cream and crumbled Roquefort.