Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts
|1 lb brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved down the stem|
|1/4 cup water|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|3 tbs pine nuts|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
- Place the sprouts in a medium skillet, cut side down.
- Add the water and a little salt. Make sure there is enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and steam over medium to medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until the water evaporates and the sprouts are bright green and just tender. Add a bit more water if necessary.
- Add the oil and pine nuts to the pan and saute along with the sprouts until lightly browned. About 2-4 minutes.
- Turn each sprout and add the garlic, then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.