- 1 and 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small red onion, minced
- grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Ground turkey makes deliciously light patties, which are ideal for summer meals. Serve the patties in split and toasted buns or between thick pieces of crusty bread with chutney, salad leaves and chunky fries or potato wedges.
- Mix together the turkey, onion, lime rind and juice.
- Cover and chill for up to 4 hours, then divide mixture into six equal portions and shape into round patties.
- Preheat a frying pan or grill, then brush the patties with oil, place them on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn the patties over and cook for another 10 minutes or until cooked through.