Turkish Lamb Pocket Sandwich
|1 lb ground lamb|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|4 pita rolls|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|2 tsp cinnamon|
|2 tsp cumin|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 large ripe tomato, chopped|
|shredded romaine lettuce|
|1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt|
|juice of 1-2 lemons|
- In a frying pan add the olive and using heat, add the onions, garlic and ground lamb. Saute until the lamb is browned and the onions are softened.
- Season with cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Lightly toast the pita rolls in a medium hot oven for about 4-5 minutes.
- Make a pocket in the pita rolls and add 1/4 of the lamb mixture into each roll.
- Top with lettuce tomatoes.
- Season the lettuce and tomatoes with a little more salt and pepper.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into each pocket, then top with a dollop of yogurt.