Chinese Egg Drop Soup
- 1 large bunch watercress or 2 cups sliced spinach
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- kosher salt to taste
- Wash watercress and discard thick stems. Break long sprigs in half.
- In a 2 quart pan heat chicken broth, sherry and soy sauce to boiling.
- Add watercress and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Remove pan from heat and slowly add the eggs to the soup, stirring constantly until they form long threads.
- Season with salt to taste.