Mango Ice Cream
- 2 cups fresh mango, minced fine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Make a syrup with the sugar and water simmered together for about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Add to the mango with the lime juice, mixing completely.
- Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the mango mixture.
- Place in a freezer proof container and place in the freezer.
- After 1 hour, stir the mixture, and again after the 2nd hour.
- The ice cream should ready in about 2 and 1/2 hours from the beginning of the freezing.