Rice Noodles with Red Peppers
- 1/4 lb rice noodles, uncooked
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the garlic and onion and cook until softened.
- Add the noodles, lemon zest, soy sauce, sugar and chopped red pepper and stir well.
- Cook until the pepper softens slightly.
- Sprinkle with scallions.