Broiled Veal Chops in Mustard Caper Sauce
|4 veal chops, about 1 inch thick|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup vermouth|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
|1 tbs grated lemon peel|
|2 tbs light soy sauce|
|1 tbs sugar|
|1/4 tsp szechuan pepper|
|3 tbs butter|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, minced|
|1 tbs cornstarch, mixed with cold water|
|2 tbs capers|
- Lightly salt and pepper the veal chops.
- combine 2 tbs lemon juice, olive oil, 1 tbs mustard and 3 cloves garlic.
- Rub mixture on chops and set aside.
- Combine vermouth, stock, lemon peel, soy sauce, sugar Szechuan pepper, remaining 2 tbs lemon juice and 1 tbs of mustard, then set aside.
- Broil veal chops approximately 5 minutes on each side, allowing centers to remain slightly pink.
- While veal is cooking, melt 2 tbs butter and saute ginger and remaining cloves minced garlic.
- Add the vermouth mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and gradually stir in cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 tbs butter and capers.
- Place veal on plates and spoon sauce over.