Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tbs butter
- 2 cups plain or chunky peanut butter
- 2 and 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt 1/2 cup butter, then stir in peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining 1 tbs of butter in a double boiler, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over peanut butter mixture, spreading evenly.
- Chill and cut into squares.