Low Calorie Cinnamon Rolls
|4 cups ap flour, divided|
|1 package dry yeast|
|sugar substitute to equal 1/3 cup sugar|
|1 cup skim milk|
|1/3 cup plus 3 tbs reduced calorie margarine, divided|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|vegetable cooking spray|
|sugar substitute to equal 1/2 cup sugar|
|2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|3/4 cup raisins|
These cinnamon rolls contain only 130 calories each.
- Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, and 1 and 1/4 tsp sugar substitute in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, 1/3 cup margarine, and salt in a small sauce pan, heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add the eggs, and beat at low speed of an electric mixture for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add remaining 2 cups of flour and stir to make a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. about 8-10 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball, and place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to grease the top.
- cover and let rise in a warm place, about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down and divide in half.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll 1/2 of the dough into a 12×8 rectangle.
- Melt the remaining 3 tbs of margarine over the shaped dough
- combine 2 tsp sugar substitute and cinnamon, stirring to blend and sprinkle over the shaped dough, then sprinkle with half of the raisins.
- Roll up in a jelly roll fashion, beginning at the long side and press edge and ends together.
- Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.