Chorizo with Potatoes Onions and Peppers
|1 lb fresh chorizo sausage in casing (hot or sweet or combination)|
|1 large onion, thinly sliced|
|1- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks|
|1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks|
|4 cloves garlic, smashed|
|4 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 tbs dried oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In large saute pan with a cover add about 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Using medium heat add the potatoes and cover pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then remove cover and stir potatoes so that they cook evenly.
- Cook potatoes for another 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove potatoes from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add the chorizo links.
- Brown links on all sides and continue to saute until cooked through. About 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the links from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to pan, then add the onions, garlic and peppers.
- Saute, turning frequently until the onions are translucent and the peppers are crisp tender.
- Cut the chorizo into 1/2 inch slices, then return to the pan.
- Return the potatoes to the pan, and combine well with other ingredients.
- Season mixture with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the cilantro to the pan and gently mix once more.