Mushroom and Prosciutto Appetizers
- 1 and 1/2 lb button mushrooms, halved, stems removed
- 18 slices prosciutto, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1/2 stick butter
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup port wine.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and cut in half
- Add the butter to a large saute pan and using medium heat add the mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the port wine and allow to reduce completely.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut 18 pieces of prosciutto into 4 pieces each, then thread 4 pieces of mushroom and 3 rolled pieces of prosciutto alternately onto wooden skewers and serve.