Mushroom and Prosciutto Appetizers
|1 and 1/2 lb button mushrooms, halved, stems removed|
|18 slices prosciutto, cut into 4 pieces each|
|1/2 stick butter|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup port wine.|
- Remove stems from mushrooms and cut in half
- Add the butter to a large saute pan and using medium heat add the mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the port wine and allow to reduce completely.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut 18 pieces of prosciutto into 4 pieces each, then thread 4 pieces of mushroom and 3 rolled pieces of prosciutto alternately onto wooden skewers and serve.