Mushroom Tomato Pepperoini and Gruyere Cheese Pizza
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|2/3 cup warm milk|
|1 package active dry yeast|
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|8 ripe tomatoes|
|3 cups mushrooms, sliced|
|1/4 lb Gruyere cheese|
|3 tbs chopped parsley|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
- To make dough, stir sugar into warm milk and sprinkle with yeast.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until the surface is frothy.
- Stir gently to moisten any dry particles remaining on the top.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Pour in yeast mixture and oil, combining with flour to make a dough.
- Cover and allow the dough to rise. About 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth. 5-10 minutes.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Roll out dough into two 7 inch rounds and place on greased baking sheets.
- To make topping, peel and slice the tomatoes.
- Cover pizza rounds with tomato slices.
- Arrange mushrooms over tomatoes, the cover with the sliced cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley and oil and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake pizzas for about 20-30 minutes or until edges are golden and cheese is bubbly.