Asian Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple Glaze
|1 lb ground turkey|
|1 large egg|
|1/4 cup toasted bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup minced onion|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs cornstarch|
|1/4 cup brown sugar, packed|
|1/4 tsp ground ginger|
|1 (20 oz) can of pineapple chunks, drain and reserve juices|
|1/3 cup white vinegar|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 tsp sesame oil|
|1 red bell pepper, cut into 24 1 inch cubes|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients until well combined, then shape into 24 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, mix the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, sauce sauce and sesame oil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and boils. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in the meatballs, red pepper and pineapple chunks and heat through.
- Thread each cocktail pick with a meatball, pineapple chunk and red pepper chunk.