Green Beans with Mushrooms and Almonds
|1 lb green beans, trimmed and halved|
|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced|
|2 shallots, thinly sliced|
|2/3 cups sliced almonds, toasted (bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees)|
|1 tsp thyme|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Blanch the beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and shallots and cook until starting to caramelize stirring often for 6-10 minutes.
- Halfway through, add the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the beans and cook just until the beans are heated through and are crisp-tender. About 2-3 minutes.
- Place in a serving bowl, add most of the almonds and stir.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top and serve.