Green Beans with Mushrooms and Almonds
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cups sliced almonds, toasted (bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees)
- 1 tsp thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Blanch the beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and shallots and cook until starting to caramelize stirring often for 6-10 minutes.
- Halfway through, add the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the beans and cook just until the beans are heated through and are crisp-tender. About 2-3 minutes.
- Place in a serving bowl, add most of the almonds and stir.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top and serve.