Old Fashioned Cherry Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ap flour
- 3 cups drained, canned pitted tart red cherries
- 1 tbs butter, softened
- 4 drops almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pastry for a 9 inch lattice top pie
- Combine sugar, flour, and 1/4 tsp salt, then stir in juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick, then cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the cherries, butter and extract and let stand while making pastry.
- Line a 9 inch pie pate with pastry then add the filling.
- Top with the lattice crust and flute edges.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, the reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 45 minutes,
- Allow to cool thoroughly before slicing.