- 1 dozen oysters on the half shell
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbs butter
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tsp oregano
- Finely mince the garlic then add to a frying pan along with the butter and saute for about 1 minute. Do not burn.
- Add a little of the garlic butter to each shell, then top with an oyster.
- Season the oysters with salt and pepper.
- To the bread crumbs add the olive oil, parsley and oregano and mix well.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the oysters and place them on a baking tray.
- Broil the oysters for about 10 minutes, then serve on the half shell.