|1 dozen oysters on the half shell|
|3 cloves garlic|
|3 tbs butter|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 cup Italian bread crumbs|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs chopped Italian parsley|
|2 tsp oregano|
- Finely mince the garlic then add to a frying pan along with the butter and saute for about 1 minute. Do not burn.
- Add a little of the garlic butter to each shell, then top with an oyster.
- Season the oysters with salt and pepper.
- To the bread crumbs add the olive oil, parsley and oregano and mix well.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the oysters and place them on a baking tray.
- Broil the oysters for about 10 minutes, then serve on the half shell.