Rich Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
|3 cups flour|
|1/2 cup cocoa powder|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 cups sugar|
|1 cup vegetable oil|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 large egg|
|2 tsp baking soda|
|1 cup boiling water|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, oil, buttermilk and egg, then mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat well.
- Add the baking soda and then add the boiling water.
- Mix well, then stir in the vanilla.
- The batter will be very thin.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool thoroughly before frosting.
- To prepare frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, sift in the powdered sugar and beat until well blended.