Spicy Beef and Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 tbs hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbs rubbed sage
- 3 tbs kosher salt
- 3 tbs black pepper
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 cup ice water
- Place the meat in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the spices and ice water and stir to combine.
- Add the spice and water mix to the meat and mix completely. Using your hands and a potato masher works well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Shape into patties and fry in a little oil in a hot pan.
- Makes about 60 (2 oz) patties.
- These patties freeze well.