Cranberry Walnut and Oatmeal Cookies
|1/2 cup dried cranberries|
|1 tsp orange zest|
|1/2 chopped walnuts|
|1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp ground nutmeg|
|1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature|
|3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed|
|3/4 cup granulated sugar|
|2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|2 large eggs|
|2 cups ap flour|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|2 cups old fashioned oats or quick oats|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda, then add the butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in oats along with the dried cranberries, orange zest, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature and store in airtight containers.