Crab and Asparagus Omelet
|8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed|
|non stick cooking spray|
|2 tbs onion, chopped|
|1/2 lb crab meat|
|2 egg whites|
|1 tsp dried dill|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup diced Italian tomato|
|2 tbs Swiss cheese, shredded|
- In a large sauce pan, bring 1 inch of water to a boil.
- Steam asparagus for 4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Heat a small skilled over medium heat, spray with cooking spray and saute chopped onion until soft.
- Add crab meat and asparagus, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer crab mixture to a separate bowl.
- Return skillet to heat and lightly re-spray with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the crab mixture evenly in the skillet and top with half of the egg mixture and half of the tomatoes.
- Allow the eggs to set along edges, then lift edges, letting uncooked egg run onto to hot skillet.
- When eggs are completely set, sprinkle one half of the eggs with 1 tbs of cheese and gently fold other side of the omelet over and press down.
- Flip and allow cheese to melt.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients or use two pans at once.