- 1 loaf of round crusty bread
- 1 lb of smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced thinly on the bias
This is a great recipe for a casual setting. Rustic crusty bread is stuffed with cheese and baked until the cheese is deliciously gooey.
- Using a sharp knife cut bread loaf in a criss cross fashion, about 1 inch apart for each slice, taking care not to cut all the way through, so the loaf maintains its whole integrity.
- Slice the cheese thinly and place slices into the cuts in the bread. Try to stuff the cheese as evenly as possible on the loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap the cheese stuffed loaf in foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and place on a platter, then garnish with the sliced scallions.
- Serve at once.