Barbecue Chicken Salad with Bacon and Gouda Cheese
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4-1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
This is an easy to prepare chicken salad that combines rotisserie chicken, bacon and cheddar cheese with a savory sauce.
- Combine barbecue sauce, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, scallions and celery, then stir in the dressing a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve over the romaine salad greens along with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese or you may serve as a sandwich on ciabatta of a kaiser roll.