Chicken Curry Soup
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 bell peppers, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange, cut into chunks
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sweet curry powder
- 3 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup peeled, sliced carrots
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This chicken curry soup is spicy filled with curry powders, hot peppers, sweet bell peppers, potatoes, carrots and coconut milk.
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot or large sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook until the onion is translucent, stirring often, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another several minutes.
- Add the curry powders,cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, potatoes and carrots.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are cooked. About 15-20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.