Chicken Curry Soup
|3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces|
|3 bell peppers, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange, cut into chunks|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|1 medium onion, cut into chunks|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tsp sweet curry powder|
|3 tsp hot curry powder|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 (15 oz) can coconut milk|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 cup peeled, sliced carrots|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This chicken curry soup is spicy filled with curry powders, hot peppers, sweet bell peppers, potatoes, carrots and coconut milk.
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot or large sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook until the onion is translucent, stirring often, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another several minutes.
- Add the curry powders,cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, potatoes and carrots.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are cooked. About 15-20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.