Corn and Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
|1/2 lb smoked turkey sausage, finely chopped|
|1 medium red onion, chopped|
|1 (11 oz) corn kernels, canned or frozen|
|2 slices bread, toasted, crusts removed, cubed|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried|
|2 roma tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped|
|3 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cut in half length wise, and seeded|
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey sausage, onion, corn, bread, parsley, tomatoes and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the bell pepper halves.
- Arrange on the bottom of a 3 and 1/2 quart slow cooker, stacking if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours or until peppers are tender and sausage is cooked through.