Corn and Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1/2 lb smoked turkey sausage, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 (11 oz) corn kernels, canned or frozen
- 2 slices bread, toasted, crusts removed, cubed
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 3 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cut in half length wise, and seeded
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey sausage, onion, corn, bread, parsley, tomatoes and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the bell pepper halves.
- Arrange on the bottom of a 3 and 1/2 quart slow cooker, stacking if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours or until peppers are tender and sausage is cooked through.