Hearts of Palm and Crab Salad
|1/2 lb hearts of palm, blanched, marinated and julienned|
|1/2 lb jumbo lump crab meat, picked over to remove caartilage|
|1 cup julienned carrots, blanched|
|1/4 cup toasted wallnuts|
|1 tbs fresh cheril, chopped|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|2 tsp oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 cup chiffonade baby lettuces|
|3 (1 inch) slices roma tomatoes|
|1/4 cup olive oil plus 3 tbs red wine vinegar, plus 2 tsp oregano|
|2 tbs Parmesan cheese|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
|edible flowers (optional)|
This recipe is the courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. It contains luscious hearts of palm, lump crab meat, carrots, walnuts and a dash of Parmesan cheese.
- In a mixing bowl toss all the ingredients with the herb vinaigrette, then season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, toss the greens with the herb vinaigrette, and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Form a stack salad, alternating the tomatoes, salad and baby lettuces.
- Garnish with any remaining vinaigrette, cheese, parsley and flowers.