Hearts of Palm and Crab Salad
- 1/2 lb hearts of palm, blanched, marinated and julienned
- 1/2 lb jumbo lump crab meat, picked over to remove caartilage
- 1 cup julienned carrots, blanched
- 1/4 cup toasted wallnuts
- 1 tbs fresh cheril, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chiffonade baby lettuces
- 3 (1 inch) slices roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 3 tbs red wine vinegar, plus 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- edible flowers (optional)
This recipe is the courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. It contains luscious hearts of palm, lump crab meat, carrots, walnuts and a dash of Parmesan cheese.
- In a mixing bowl toss all the ingredients with the herb vinaigrette, then season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, toss the greens with the herb vinaigrette, and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Form a stack salad, alternating the tomatoes, salad and baby lettuces.
- Garnish with any remaining vinaigrette, cheese, parsley and flowers.