Roasted Cauliflower with Sesame Soy Ginger Sauce
|1 head cauliflower|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|For the Sauce:|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|1 tbs shallots, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, minced|
|3 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tbs rice vinegar|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|2 tsp black sesame seeds|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim away the leaves and most of the stem from the cauliflower.
- Cut into 8 wedges. Leaving a bit of the stem helps the wedges hold together.
- Drizzle with olive oil and use your fingers to coat the pieces well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then lay on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for a total of 15-20 minutes, turning the wedges over about halfway through roasting to ensure browning on both sides.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a small sauce pan.
- Add the shallot or onion and cook until translucent and just beginning to brown. 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir for another minute.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar and water, then bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes to reduce until slightly syrupy.
- When cauliflower is finished roasting, remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Drizzle lightly with sesame oil and spoon the soy ginger sauce over the cauliflower, then sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.