Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato and Chicken Stew
|3 lbs of chicken pieces, trimmed of fat|
|4 slices bacon, chopped|
|2 onions, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes|
|3/4 lb button mushrooms, halved|
|1 cup cream|
|3 tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped|
A slow cooker is a wonderful way to cook. Just add the ingredients in the morning and by the time you come home from work your meal will be ready.
- Put the chicken, bacon, onion, garlic and tomatoes in the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add the mushrooms and cream and cook for 30 minutes, then remove lid and cook for a further 30 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Stir in the thyme and parsley.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Note: you can cook the chicken on low for 8-9 hours, then increase heat to high and add the remaining ingredients.