Ginger Chicken with Pineapple and Red Pepper
|1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1 red bell pepper, cut into strips|
|1 orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips|
|1 (8 oz) can of pineapple chunks in juice, un-drained|
|1/2 cup picante sauce|
|4 tbs fresh ginger grated|
|1/4 cup cilantro, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
Boneless skinless chicken breasts are lightly sauteed and served with picante sauce, pineapple, bell peppers and fresh ginger.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- To the same pan add the bell pepper strips, pineapple, ginger, picante sauce and cilantro and saute for about 5 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.