- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (8 oz) can of pineapple chunks in juice, un-drained
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 4 tbs fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Boneless skinless chicken breasts are lightly sauteed and served with picante sauce, pineapple, bell peppers and fresh ginger.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- To the same pan add the bell pepper strips, pineapple, ginger, picante sauce and cilantro and saute for about 5 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.