- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup chick pea flour
- 1 medium onion, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp crushed dried chili flakes
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbs melted butter
These kebabs are typically made with lamb and are flavored with, onion, garlic, cumin coriander, ginger, cloves and chilies.
- Combine all of the ingredients and knead thoroughly with hands.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes or so.
- After the mixture has thoroughly chilled, form 3-4 inch cylindrical kebabs and cook over hot charcoal, for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Alternatively, you may cook under a hot broiler.
- Serve with salad and rice.