Indian Curry Lamb Kebabs
|1 lb ground lamb|
|1/4 cup chick pea flour|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|1 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1/4 tsp ground cloves|
|1 tsp crushed dried chili flakes|
|juice of 1 lime|
|1/4 cup plain yogurt|
|2 tbs melted butter|
These kebabs are typically made with lamb and are flavored with, onion, garlic, cumin coriander, ginger, cloves and chilies.
- Combine all of the ingredients and knead thoroughly with hands.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes or so.
- After the mixture has thoroughly chilled, form 3-4 inch cylindrical kebabs and cook over hot charcoal, for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Alternatively, you may cook under a hot broiler.
- Serve with salad and rice.