- 1 lb orzo (rice shaped pasta)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced on a bias
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
This orzo salad is flavored with Dijon mustard, shallots, scallions, mint, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, drain and set aside, but don’t rinse.
- Toss the orzo with all of the other ingredients while the orzo is still warm.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving. Stir occasionally.