- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/4 lb Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2-4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a super simple vegetarian recipe that is absolutely delicious. It just uses a few ingredients, spaghetti squash, Gruyere cheese, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap the whole squash in aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Cut the squash in half and using a fork scrape the flesh from the inside of the shells. It should resemble spaghetti.
- Add the squash to a glass baking dish, add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Top the squash with the shredded Gruyere cheese and place under a broiler for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is slightly golden.
- Garnish the squash with chopped parsley and serve.