Shrimp Potato Salad
|4 baking potatoes|
|1 lb medium shrimp, shelled, cooked and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces|
|2 stalks of celery, chopped|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tbs yellow mustard|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a delightful potato salad with the surprise addition of shrimp.
- Add the potatoes to a stock pot filled with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Pour off the hot water from the potatoes and fill pot with cold running water until the potatoes are cool.
- Meanwhile, peel and devein the shrimp and add to a saucepan with boiling water. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink. Do not overcook.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and place under running water to cool.
- In a large bowl add the mayonnaise and mustard and mix well.
- Add the chopped celery, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno to the bowl and mix well.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into a 1/2 inch dice.
- Cut the shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the potatoes and shrimp into the mayonnaise mixture, then add the parsley.
- Gently mix well, cover and chill for several hours before serving.