Charcoal Grilled Octopus
|3 lbs cleaned octopus|
|2 bay leaves|
|2-3 sprigs fresh thyme|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3-4 cloves garlic, crushed|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|parsley for garnish|
|lemons, quartered for serving|
Charcoal grilled octopus is delicious and addictive. The key to tender grilled octopus is to simmer it for 1 hour before grilling. Give it a try and we promise that it will become one of your favorites.
- Add the cleaned octopus to a large sauce pan and cover it with water.
- Add the bay leafs, thyme, garlic and a little salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer octopus for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove the octopus from the water and discard the solids.
- Grill the octopus over very hot charcoal, turning several times for about 5 minutes, brushing with olive oil several times.