- 3 lbs cleaned octopus
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- parsley for garnish
- lemons, quartered for serving
Charcoal grilled octopus is delicious and addictive. The key to tender grilled octopus is to simmer it for 1 hour before grilling. Give it a try and we promise that it will become one of your favorites.
- Add the cleaned octopus to a large sauce pan and cover it with water.
- Add the bay leafs, thyme, garlic and a little salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer octopus for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove the octopus from the water and discard the solids.
- Grill the octopus over very hot charcoal, turning several times for about 5 minutes, brushing with olive oil several times.